Renee Hettich, LMSW and Susan Rausch will lead this presentation on April 18. Sign up now!
Trauma Responsive Care
Wednesday, April 18, 2018,
9:00 AM -
Please join Renee Hettich, LMSW and Susan
Rausch, from the Adoptive & Foster
Family Coalition of NY for this 6-hour presentation on Trauma
Responsive Care. All are welcome to attend.
Presentation is 9am-12pm and 1-4pm with lunch on
your own 12–1pm.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Understand the link between Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), child
development and behavioral and health outcomes.
- Examine the children in your services and their trauma symptoms.
- Appreciate the neurological impact of trauma and toxic stress on the
- Understand the link between a child's behavior and the neurological and
bio-chemical response of a traumatized brain.
- Gain knowledge regarding the role neuroplasticity and neurogenesis has
- Grasp the personal qualities and protective factors involved in
- Apply the resiliency principles to trauma-responsive strategies.
Pre-registration required. Please register by Wednesday, April,
Juliana Garcia, MSW intern at email@example.com or Anna
Steinkraus, Program Coordinator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
may change if a larger space is needed
CCE-Tompkins Education Center
615 Willow Avenue
Ithaca, NY 14850-3555