Welcome! The goal of the Green Building Program is to promote the use of green building materials and methods in Tompkins County, because we know that green building is a healthier, more sustainable way to build. Through educational programs and community events and as a community resource, we strive to increase awareness of green and sustainable building methods and materials so you can make the best possible choices--for you, your community, and the planet.
If you are looking to remodel, build new, or are just curious about green building, this is the place to start! Here on our website you will find:
- Green Building Definitions
- Green Building Rating Systems
- A to Z Green Products and Materials
- The Annual Ithaca-Area Green Buildings Open House Tour
- The Annual Green Building Seminar Series
- The Local Building Materials Initiative
- Green Building Fact Sheets
- More Links and Resources
So, poke around and let us know of anything specific you are looking for or that you would like us to add, including any great resources or links you come across. Thanks for visiting!