Duck numbers assigned to entrants will be posted at Cooperative Extension
4-H Duck Race Rules
- Ducks will be launched in Cascadilla Creek in the vicinity of University Avenue at approximately 2 pm on Sunday April 29, 2018.
- All duck sponsor papers must be purchased by 1:00 pm the day of the launch.
- Once the ducks are launched, no one except race officials may interfere with any duck.
- Each duck will have a unique number on the bottom that corresponds to previously purchased duck sponsor paper numbers. The persons whose names appear on the entry tickets corresponding to the ducks in order of finish will be awarded prizes. NAMES APPEARING ON CHANCES MUST BE INDIVIDUALS AGED 18 OR OLDER.
- Positive identification is required to claim any prize won.
- A list of prizes is available from 4-H Office, Cornell Cooperative Extension 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14850.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension reserves the right as its sole option to substitute prizes of comparable value.
- The "Duck Chance and Race Entry Form" must be completely filled out and delivered to the 4-H Office or an authorized representative, or mailed to the 4-H Office at the address listed at #6 above, and received by the 4-H Office prior to the race for the ticket to be eligible to win any prize. No other tickets are eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of tickets.
- The 4-H Office reserves the right to limit the number of duck sponsorships per individual.
- No purchase is necessary to win, however free chances defeat the charitable purpose of the event, which benefits the 4-H Youth Program of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County, a 501(c)(3) organization. One free duck per family/address may be obtained by presenting a hand-written, signed request in-person to the address at #6 above, before 5 p.m. on April 1, 2018.
- Winners will be announced. Entrants need not be present to win. All prizes must be claimed within 30 days or an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing of tickets. All prizes will be awarded. Winners must be 18 years of age.
- Cash equivalents will not be given for non-cash prizes. Any and all taxes and similar fees are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- By entering, entrants release the 4-H Youth Program, Cornell Cooperative Extension, the City of Ithaca and all their officers, directors and staff and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes and/or injury.
By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
- Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
- This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Cooperative Extension and 4-H Youth Program Duck Race committee and that judgment is final.
- The duck logo used on the event brochure and/or race t-shirt is property of Tompkins County 4-H and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use it without this organization's written consent.
- Duck numbers assigned to entrants will be posted at Cooperative Extension the day of the race. By purchasing an entry in the duck race, you are giving Cornell Cooperative Extension permission to post your name and duck number on this website.
- A copy of these rules and regulations is available from the 4-H Office at the address listed in paragraph 6 above.
Last updated March 15, 2018