Join us on January 25 for this training with Renee Hettich, LMSW
Trauma Responsive Care Training
Friday, January 25, 2019,
9:00 AM -
Parents and professionals are welcome to attend
A Strong Roots Training: Trauma Responsive Care at Home and in Schools with Renee Hettich, LMSW from the Adoptive & Foster Family Coalition of NY.
Learning Objectives include:
- Understand the link between Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), child development, and behavioral and health outcomes.
- Appreciate the neuro-biological impact of trauma and toxic stress on
the developing brain and the link between child behavior and the
neurological and bio-chemical response of a traumatized brain.
- Consider the trauma symptoms at home and at school.
- Gain knowledge of how to respond to child behavior that is rooted in trauma.
- Learn how to support neuroplasticity and neurogenesis to create healing and resiliency.
- Apply trauma-responsive strategies at home and at school.
Preregistration is required, please register by Friday, January 18, 2019 at:
Snow date is Friday March 15
9:30-10:00am Welcome from NYSPEP
10:00am–3:30pm Presentation (Lunch is included)
For more information contact:
Community Educator: Jennifer Gray,
Program Coordinator: Anna Steinkraus,
Sponsored by: CCE-Tompkins Family & Community Development Program; New York State Parent Education Partnership (NYSPEP), Family & Children’s Service of Ithaca. Family & Children’s Service of Ithaca is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0293.
$50 fee, includes lunch; Additional $25 fee to obtain optional NY State MSW/LCSW contact hours
CCE-Tompkins Education Center
615 Willow Avenue
Ithaca, NY 14850-3555