Wood Pellet Boiler/Stove Funding
This page gives descriptions of and contact information for New York State and Federal incentives, grants, and loan programs that apply to wood pellet boilers and stoves. It also includes information about programs related to energy efficiency building improvements that - if applied - would allow you to decrease the cost and size of your heating appliance, while saving you energy and money over time and making your space more comfortable.
Numerous options that will pay up to 45% of installed cost with an additional $5,000 for documented recycling (removal and destruction) of old outdoor or indoor wood boiler, or $2,500 for recycling a whole house wood furnace.
Go through certified installer (both dealers involved in program are certified installers)
For rural small business and ag producers – business needs
separation from house – can be used for energy efficiency. Gives priority to biomass energy options.
- Grant up to $500,000 covers up to 25% of costs -
can be used with NY incentives above
- If over 200,000 requires feasibility study (use
$199,999 to keep below $200,000)
- Loan guarantee for $600,000 or less 80% of costs
- Boiler maker and user of pellets must have 1
years worth of installation use (experience?)
- Application due May 2nd 2016 for this funding
cycle – (Sept 30 is drop dead funding cycle)
- Application 10 pages – some parts don’t apply –
contact Gary Pereira, he will work with you
Gary Pereira, USDA Rural Development
9025 River Road Marcy, NY 13403
Tel: (315) 736-3316, Ext. 129
- Offered through New York State Department of Agriculture
- 10B Airline Dr. Albany, N.Y., 12235│ (800) 554-4501
- For additional information and application contact: your County Soil and Water Conservation District
- For counties Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Alleghany, Steuben,
Schuyler, Thompkins, Chemung, Tioga, Broome, Chenango, Delaware
- Basic requirements
- 3 years in agricultural school tax exemption
- Energy use is part of business plan
- The first application period began January 19, 2016 and ends March 7, 2016 while the second
application period begins July 11, 2016 and ends September 19, 2016. There will be two additional
application periods in 2017.
- long-term, low-cost financing for energy related building improvements—with repayments made through the annual City or County property tax bill.
- Available on a county basis - is available in Tompkins.
- Eligible New York municipalities can participate by passing a local law that enables the municipality to offer Energize NY services, signing an agreement with EIC and formally requesting membership.
- Energy Improvement Corporation (EIC) is a New York State non-profit, local development corporation
- Contacts: Qualified Partners
Tighten up your building and decrease the amount of heating energy you need - energy efficiency saving
- Get a home energy assessment to pinpoint where energy and dollars are being wasted. Apply Now.
- Customize a plan to lower your energy bills.
- Take advantage of a low-interest loan to help pay for the work.
- Receive a 10% discount on eligible home energy improvements.
- Provides those who qualify with a discount covering 50% of the cost of eligible energy efficiency improvements up to $5,000 per project for single-family homes.
- Two- to four-unit residential homes with income-eligible residents may qualify for a discount of up to $10,000.
- Income eligibility criteria--Typical NY Income Limits
- 1 Person $35,104.00
- 2 Person $45,904.00
- 3 Person $56,704.00
- 4 Person $67,504.00
- 5 Person $78,304.00
- Enter your county and find out more options
Last updated April 13, 2016