Learn about financial assistance options for home repairs.
Home Repair Assistance
- For residents of Tompkins County who
meet income requirements.
- Housing rehabilitation program for
- Home repairs for seniors and disabled
- Phone: (607) 277-4500
2.USDA Section 504 Loan and Grant Program (Repair and Rehabilitation)
- Very low income (single family) homeowners in rural areas.
- 1% loans up to $20,000; May be used for general repairs and improvements, or to make accessible for individuals with disabilities.
- Use HUD guidelines.
- Grants up to $7500 only for ages 62 or older to remove health or safety hazards.
- Phone: (607) 753-0851
3. NY Energy Smart programs
- Financial assistance or low-interest loans for energy efficiency improvements.
- Radon mitigation may be able to be incorporated into work scope.
- Phone: 1-(866)-NYSERDA
4. HUD 203(k) Mortgage Insurance Program
5. Remodel New York Program
6. Bishop Sheen Ecumenical Housing Foundation
Last updated November 25, 2019