Now is a great time to start saving!
America Saves Week
America Saves Week 2021 daily savings themes
Monday, February 22: Save Automatically
- The easiest way to save? Automatically! It doesn’t matter how much or what you’re saving for, when you make the smart decision to have a portion of your income automatically deposited into a savings account, you have increased your chance for success.
Tuesday, February 23: Save for the Unexpected
- The past year has taught us that we have to be as prepared as possible for the unexpected. While we all have future savings goals, having an emergency fund to support present unaccounted for needs, like a car breakdown, dental bill, or even a last minute fun treat should be a top priority.
Wednesday, February 24: Save to Retire
- It’s never too soon to prepare for retirement. In fact, the earlier you start to prepare the easier it is to save.
Thursday, February 25: Save by Reducing Debt
- Preparing for retirement can easily be pushed into the “someday” category, as we focus on present needs and expenses. In fact, very few Americans have a plan for retirement savings that is adequate for their desired standard of living after they retire. Today our focus is to encourage Americans to save today for tomorrow, and discover just how much they need to save for their golden years.
Friday, February 26: Save by reducing debt
- How much better would Americans be with money if we were intentional about teaching good money and savings habits at a young age?
Last updated February 26, 2021