1) Ducks will be launched in Cascadilla Creek in the vicinity of University Avenue at
approximately 2 pm on April 28, 2024.
2) All duck sponsorships must be purchased by 1:00 pm on the day of the launch.
3) Once the ducks are launched, no one except race officials may interfere with any duck.
4) Each duck will have a unique number on the bottom that corresponds to a number on
previously purchased duck “chance.” The persons whose names appear on the entry “chances”
corresponding to the ducks in order of finish will be awarded prizes. ***NAMES APPEARING
ON CHANCES MUST BE INDIVIDUALS AGED 18 OR OLDER.***
5) Positive identification is required to claim any prize won.
6) A list of prizes is available from 4-H Office, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins
County, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14850.
7) Cornell Cooperative Extension reserves the right at its sole option to substitute prizes of
8) The “Duck Chance Form” must be submitted online or completely filled out and delivered to the 4-H Office or an
authorized representative, or mailed to the 4-H Office at the address in paragraph 6 above and
received by the 4-H Office prior to the race for the ticket to be eligible to win any prize. No other
chances are eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of chances.
9) The 4-H Office reserves the right to limit the number of duck sponsorships per individual.
10) No purchase is required to win, however free chances defeat the charitable purpose of the
event which benefits the 4-H Youth Program of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins
County, a 501(c)(3) organization. One free duck per family/address may be obtained by
presenting a hand-written, signed request in person at the address in paragraph 6 before 5 pm
on April 1, 2024.
11) Winners will be announced. Entrants need not be present to win. All prizes must be claimed
within 30 days or an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing of tickets. All prizes
will be awarded.
12) Cash equivalents will not be given for non-cash prizes. Any and all taxes and similar fees
are the sole responsibility of the winners.
13) By entering, entrants release the 4-H Youth Program, Cornell Cooperative Extension, the
City of Ithaca and all their officers, directors and staff and other related entities from any and all
liability with respect to prizes and/or injury.
14) By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without
15) Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
16) This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where
prohibited by law.
17) All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Cooperative
Extension and 4-H Youth Program Duck Race Committee and that judgment is final.
18) The Duck Race logo used on promotional materials is property of Tompkins County 4-H and
no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use it without this organization’s
express written consent.
19) Duck numbers will be available when you call 607-272-2292, and will be posted on the day
of the event. Winning numbers will appear on our website: ccetompkins.org/4h. By purchasing
an entry in the duck race, you are giving Cornell Cooperative Extension permission to post your
name and duck number on their website.
Last updated January 2, 2024