Other Lansing NPA Projects
NYSEG has committed over $9
million to support the implementation of the Lansing NPA portfolio. This
portfolio of six projects aims to decrease the reliance on natural gas
consumption in the moratorium area mainly by supporting the transition to
beneficial electrification in buildings through the use of innovative heat pump
technology. Below is a brief description of each project—we’ll be highlighting
each of them in more detail as they get off the ground.
- Lansing Residential Heat Pumps
- Through Earth Sensitive Solutions, Lansing Residents can get additional incentives for upgrading from gas to heat pump technology.
- Lansing Single Commercial Ground Source Heat Pump
- Cornell Childcare Center is upgrading to a geothermal system.
- Lansing Community Ground Source Heat Pump
- Lansing neighborhood upgrades to a district geothermal system.
- Lansing Energy Efficiency at Two Public Authority Buildings
- Lansing Middle and High School get energy efficiency upgrades and install more efficient gas equipment.
- Lansing Non-Residential Fuel Switching
- (More information to come)
- Lansing Education & Outreach Program
- Lead by Community Educator, Agnes Guillo, at Cornell Cooperative Extension Tompkins County.
Last updated June 26, 2023